Electrical Engineering Consulting Services
Public and private sector facility owners and managers are tasked with the responsibility to increase productivity, curtail energy consumption, minimize utility bills, better environmental issues, systems reliability and customer service.
Not an easy task, given the challenges associated with: The increased demand for new technology, facility relocations to one or multiple locations, the management of outdated energy hog lighting & HVAC systems, the replacement of new systems and the integration of all of these systems.
Current Solutions, P.C. can help manage those costs. Our goal is to assist you to fulfill your power needs, obtain energy cost savings, realize a ROI on capital improvements, and maintain operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We provide an in-depth evaluation your operational needs and then assist you to develop a feasible, economical and environmentally sound strategic plan.
We proactively evaluate energy use patterns, investigate available options for change (within your given infrastructure and timeline) and will propose cost saving alternatives that may be obtained through suppliers, procurement, management and consumption.
Electrical Engineering and Power Consulting
Our goal is to assist with the reduction of electricity consumption, expenses, outages and improve overall company profitability.
We provide energy efficiency analysis, design and consulting services for facilities including:
- Bill verification and utility rate analysis, market pricing studies
o Rate structure analysis and energy procurement to obtain competitive pricing
- Generation and emergency generation analyses
- Energy studies and Electrical Engineering recommendations
o Data collection and analysis
o Evaluate current operating costs and develop a comparison of costs to alternative systems
o On-site Load Curtailment
o Provide alternatives for modern, energy-efficient electric motors, electrical systems and lighting systems
o Lighting efficiency, design and controls
o Variable speed drive installations for mechanical equipment
o Energy management systems that control HVAC equipment
o Motor efficiency upgrades
o Long Term Energy Management Plans
- Service contract for Monthly usage reporting
- Improvement project justification
- Predictive maintenance
- Evaluate and design co-generation system opportunities to reduce utility
- Dependency and overall costs
- Assistance to secure NYSERDA rebates and utility incentives for energy studies and design services
ELECTRICAL CLAIMS ANALYSIS & LITIGATION RESOLUTION
Current Solutions, P.C. provides full electrical design and construction claims consulting services.
We will assist to resolve electrical engineering design and construction related claims efficiently by providing engineering skills and practical objectivity during negotiations. We can investigate and assist with disputes in the design evaluation, change order evaluation, help to determine the electrical construction liability and damages, or to prove that none exists.
- Independent third party reviews.
- Provide claims mitigation.
- Evaluation of plans and specifications for errors and/or omissions.
- Evaluation of design change, change order, delay and productivity assessment claims.
- Technical assistance in the preparation of interrogatories, bills of particulars, EBTs, and oral depositions.
- Claims preparation of visual exhibits for court or panel display.
- Provide “expert” testimony.
- Assistance in direct and/or cross-examinations.
Electrical power system studies are inexpensive ways to minimize the potential cost of liabilities associated with exorbitant legal fees, loss of business operations and income, cost of replacing damaged equipment and the costs of injury or fatality associated with electrical accidents and malfunctions.
Electrical system studies are critical in preventing and limiting the owners exposure due to the excessive duration of service interruptions, due to equipment failure, human error or adverse natural act of god occurrences, to any portion of an electrical distribution system.
Consider system studies when any or all of the following occur:
- Purchasing a new building/facility; when new protective devices are installed, particularly involving relays, regardless of the sophistication of the relay system, optimum protection cannot be obtained unless the correct relay settings are determined.
- These studies should be performed prior to the finalization of equipment orders so that changes can be made and delays avoided. This also allows the switchgear vendor to perform the initial settings on the equipment prior to shipment.
- For the installation of large motors 100 hp and up, see the PAA section on Motor Starting Transient Analysis.
- If the facilities system has undergone major distribution or load modifications, such as the addition of emergency generators, new utility feeds, transformers or large motors, then a new study for load flow, voltage drop, short circuit and selective coordination should be performed.
- A new set of studies should be performed on all facilities every five years. With the passing of time, unrecorded changes to the system tend to accumulate and utility changes may occur without recorded notification. Frequently, available utility fault currents have substantially increased since the initial installation of the facilities electrical distribution system.
POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM DUE DILIGENCE, ANALYSIS & STUDIES
Our goal is to provide, comprehensive due diligence, testing, remediation, expert witness and planning consulting services to maximize benefits for our clients, building owners, investors, institutional lenders, corporate real estate departments, attorneys and governmental agencies.
We provide the property condition assessments, necessary for the investor and building owner to make sound business decisions. Whether working with a single asset or a portfolio of properties, Current Solution’s will tailor our services to each client’s specific requirements.
“Our Knowledge is Your Power” and our goal is to provide our clients considering the purchase of a new building with the information needed to assist with evaluating and securing a sound investment.
We will assist to evaluate the health and condition of the building’s existing electrical system; identify the systems limitations relative to the tenant/occupier needs; help detect the adequacy and legitimacy of the investment; provide a detailed report to help forecast unforeseen costs; determine the “after purchase” predictive and/or preventative maintenance required, and provide information that can be used for effectively negotiating a “win-win” business deal.
Electrical Power Needs Assessment & Requirement Analysis
- Building electrical power distribution systems: Site / infrastructure evaluations & analysis, site selections and planning.
- Relocation feasibility and reliability studies, evaluations & space planning.
- Computer and mechanical equipment planning.
- Network analysis & data center facility audits.
- Basic codes and standards compliance.
- Potential electrical safety hazards.
- Protective coordination assessment.
- Short-circuit withstand overview.
- Maintenance program review.
- Single-line diagram documentation (map) of power system. Includes, all electrical equipment and wiring to be protected by the over current devices including both breakers and fuses. Multiple one-line diagrams may be used if required to clearly present all of the required data. Including: Calculated fault impedance; X/R ratios; and short circuit values at the utility connection and the switchgear main bus; Breaker and fuse ratings; Transformer kVA and voltage ratings; percent impedance; X/R ratios; and wiring connections; Voltage at each bus; Identification of each bus; Conduit material, feeder sizes, length, and X/R ratios.
- Recommendations for system optimization.
- Power monitoring recommendations.
OPINION OF PROBABLE COST
Current Solutions, P.C. has prepared construction cost estimates for building owners, developers and electrical contractors for projects across the U.S. These types of estimates range in scope from conceptual estimates to detailed quantity take-off/unit cost estimates. Included services are as follows:
- Establish budgets.
- Feasibility studies.
- Estimate cost – to – complete studies.
- Indirect cost auditing and analysis.
- Replacement and reproduction cost studies.
- Assisting corporate strategic planning departments.
- Review of contractor’s change orders.
- Securing financing.
- Insurance claims and legal proceedings.